1 to 1 handwriting tuition
Tailored handwriting lessons
Using the latest research in a fun and practical way. Taking place at your home or in your child’s school.
1 to 1 tuition
These handwriting lessons give your child the individual care and attention they need to excel at handwriting.
Does your child feel that ‘fixing’ their handwriting is something that is impossible? Furthermore, hearing this breaks your heart as you do not know what to do. And you are feeling at your wits end.
Do you fear people will be judging your son or daughter if as an adult they have handwriting of a child? Writing which is messy and unreadable.
Has their writing always been bad but now it is getting worse, it is practically illegible. Are the school raising this as an issue? As a result, you have been trying to talk to your child about it and now they are getting very upset.
Is their handwriting messy because they can’t see the pencil tip? In addition, they might also be saying they are becoming tired when writing.
Has your child’s school said he/she ‘will get there’? Yet you are still waiting. Finally you think it is time to take some action yourself as watching them struggle on is no longer an option.
Are you looking for a someone who can build your child’s confidence when writing? Who can also show them how to write without them being put off? Helping them achieve the handwriting clarity that you desperately know that they can do.
Before and after examples of what can, and does get achieved with face to face handwriting lessons
I’m Sheilagh Blyth and I KNOW how to improve children’s handwriting in a way that is easy and enjoyable.
- Best-selling author of ‘The Early Handwriting Toolkit’. A handwriting book for 4 to 7 year olds.
- Transforming children’s writing in less than 5 minutes.
- Helping numerous children increase their handwriting speed by more than one whole year group.
- Regularly working in schools and training teachers on how to develop handwriting skills.
- Knowing exactly what is and is not expected of children’s writing in the classroom.
- Being a children’s occupational therapist means using this medical knowledge to apply the latest scientific research so that your child is never learning old techniques.
Read what others are saying after their child was seen by me
All individual 1:1 handwriting lessons happen in person either in your home or at their school. Every handwriting lesson will last for 1 hour. The frequency is decided by you. As Mum or Dad you’ll know what is best for your child. To assist your decision, weekly sessions act as a great kick-starter to handwriting success.
In the handwriting 1 to 1 lessons all the resources are supplied meaning you do not have to do any preparation work. Current research is suggesting that the best way to improve handwriting is by working on a combination of fine motor hand skills and handwriting. This is what happens within my lessons. In addition in-between the visits handwriting ‘games’ are often left and worksheets are given for your child to continue to progress when I am not there.
This tuition is sold in lesson blocks. Occupational therapy research suggests handwriting lessons need to be anywhere from 6 to 20 sessions for changes to be made. The blocks of handwriting lessons are either 6, 8 or 10. The number is down to yourself to decide. Please do contact me first if uncertain.
All 1 to 1 handwriting tuition takes place at your home or in your child’s school. The map below provides a visual representation of where this service travels to.
Please note that at the time of paying you will be asked to add ‘shipping costs’. This is where the travel time is added. It equates to:
£10 per lesson – Under 10 miles from Chichester PO19 9LW (one-way). For example if living in Chichester, Barnham, Tangmere, Bognor, Boxgrove, Witterings or in the surrounding villages this option is selected.
£15 per lesson – Between 11 -25 miles from Chichester PO19 9LW (one-way). For example if living in east of Chichester in Arundel, Littlehampton, Rustington or Worthing you would select this travel option. If your in the west of Chichester in Havant, Emsworth, Hayling Island or Portsmouth you would select this travel option. Alternatively, if your home is in the north of Chichester in Storrington, Midhurst, Petersfield or Billingshurst you would select this travel option.
If the distance is over 25 miles from Chichester, please do contact me to obtain a bespoke travel cost.
So, what is included?
Face to face
A series of 6, 8 or 10 individual sessions developing your child’s handwriting skills at a pace they can excel at.
Every session lasts for 1 hour. Time is always available for speaking to you, as Mum or Dad, or your child’s school staff to discuss how to develop the skills in-between my lessons.
Research has shown that handwriting can be developed through play alone. I always try to incorporate some game based learning to keep it fun.
Every session has a combination of about 6 to 8 activities. Your child will chose the order they wish to do them. It also means they never get bored.
1 to 1 handwriting tuition feesFace to face handwriting lessons
1 hour lesson
Takes place at home or school
Personalised homework to match your child's needs
Unlimited email support with you and your school
Summary report that can be sent to your child's school
Handwriting resources left with your child to try
Combination of games based learning and handwriting tuition
Here’s what happens when you click on the button to purchase
- You’ll enter a secure checkout page asking you to pay by Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account let me know and I can invoice you.
- Next, you should choose between booking 6, 8 or 10 lessons.
- As this is service has geographical restrictions apply. Adding travel costs happen at this time. This occurs by clicking a button based on how far away you live from Chichester.
- At the same time, you shall decide on whether you are paying in full or in 3 monthly instalments.
- Once payment has been made, you will instantly receive a confirmation and a welcome email. Your guidance notes of what to do before our first lesson are in the welcome email.
- Lastly, if we have not already spoken, then please use the online calendar link sent in the welcome email to book the times of your lessons.