1 to 1 handwriting tuition
Tailored handwriting lessons
Using the latest research in a fun and practical way. Taking place at your home or in your child’s school.
1 to 1 tuition
My handwriting lessons gives your child the individual care and attention they need to excel at handwriting.
Does your child feel that their handwriting is something that can’t be ‘fixed’? Hearing this breaks your heart as you do not know what to do. You feel at your wits end.
Do you fear people will judge your son or daughter if as an adult they have handwriting of a child? Writing which is messy and unreadable.
Has their writing always been bad but now it is getting worse, it is practically illegible. Are the school raising this as an issue? You try to talk to your child about it and they get very upset.
Is their handwriting messy because they can’t see the pencil tip? They might also say they become tired when writing.
Did the school say he/she ‘would get there’? Yet you are still waiting. You think it is time to take some action yourself as watching them struggle on is no longer an option.
Are you looking for a handwriting specialist that can show your child how to write in a way that is fun and easy to do? Helping them achieve the handwriting clarity that you desperately know that they can do.
Look at what can be achieved with face to face handwriting lessons
I’m Sheilagh Blyth and I KNOW how to improve children’s handwriting in a way that is easy and enjoyable.
- I’m a best-selling author of ‘The Early Handwriting Toolkit’. A handwriting book for 4 to 7 year olds.
- I can transform children’s writing in less than 5 minutes.
- I have helped numerous children increase their handwriting speed by more than one whole year group.
- I regularly work in schools and I train teachers on how to develop handwriting skills.
- I know exactly what is and is not expected of children’s writing in the classroom.
- Being a children’s occupational therapist I use this medical knowledge to apply the latest scientific research so that your child is never learning old techniques.
Read what others have said when their child was seen by me
My individual 1:1 handwriting lessons happen in person either in your home or at their school. Every handwriting lesson lasts for 1 hour and the frequency is decided by you. As Mum or Dad you’ll know what is best for your child. Personally I feel that weekly sessions act as a great kick-starter to handwriting success.
In my handwriting 1 to 1 lessons I bring all the resources meaning you do not have to do any preparation work. Research suggests that the best way to improve handwriting is to work on a combination of fine motor hand skills and handwriting. This is what I do. I often leave handwriting ‘games’ and worksheets to do in-between my visits.
My 1 to 1 handwriting tuition is sold in lesson blocks. Occupational therapy research suggests handwriting lessons need to be anywhere from 6 to 12 sessions for changes to be made. My blocks of handwriting lessons are either 6, 8 or 10. The number is down to yourself to decide however I do suggest you contact me first so that I can further assist you.
Please note that at the time of paying you will be asked to add ‘shipping costs’. This is where I include my travel time. It equates to:
£10 per lesson – Under 10 miles from Chichester PO19 9LW (one-way). For example if living in Chichester, Barnham, Tangmere, Bognor, Boxgrove, Witterings or in the surrounding villages you would select this option.
£15 per lesson – Between 11 -25 miles from Chichester PO19 9LW (one-way). For example if living in east of Chichester in Arundel, Littlehampton, Rustington or Worthing you would select this travel option. If living west of Chichester in Havant, Emsworth, Hayling Island or Portsmouth you would select this travel option. If living north of Chichester in Storrington, Midhurst, Petersfield or Billingshurst you would select this travel option.
If you live over 25 miles from Chichester, please do contact me to obtain a bespoke travel cost.
So, what is included?
Face to face
A series of 6, 8 or 10 individual sessions developing your child’s handwriting skills at a pace they can excel at.
Every session is for 1 hour. Time is always allocated for speaking to parents or school staff to discuss how to develop the skills in-between my lessons.
Research has shown that handwriting can be developed through play alone. I always try to incorporate some game based learning to keep it fun.
Every session has a combination of about 6 to 8 activities. Your child will chose the order they wish to do them.
1 to 1 handwriting tuition feesFace to face handwriting lessons
1 hour lesson
Takes place at home or school
Personalised homework to match your child's needs
Unlimited email support with you and your school
Summary report that can be sent to your child's school
Handwriting resources left with your child to try
Combination of games based learning and handwriting tuition
Here’s what happens when you click on the button to purchase
- You’ll enter a secure checkout page where you will be asked to pay by Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account let me know and I can invoice you.
- You will need to decide if you wish to book 6, 8 or 10 sessions.
- As this is service has geographic restrictions. Travel costs will be added at the time of making a payment.
- Once payment has been made, you will instantly receive a confirmation email and guidance notes of what to do before our first lesson.
- If we have not already spoken, I will then contact you within 24 hours to arrange an appointment. All appointments are usually booked in one go so that we both dedicate space in our diaries.